Definition of Personal Information
“Personal Information” means personal information under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, that is, information relating to a living individual containing a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact address or other descriptions, etc. whereby a specific individual can be identified, and information solely by which a specific individual can be identified, such as data relating to physical appearance, fingerprint, or sonogram, or the insured No. on a health insurance card (“individual identification information”).
Acquisition of Personal Information
When the Company acquires the Personal Information, the Company will clearly specify the purpose of use thereof and acquire the Personal Information properly only within the scope necessary for achievement of the purpose.
Application of Personal Information
The Company will handle the acquired Personal Information properly only within the scope necessary for achievement of the clearly-specified purpose, and take measures to prevent out-of-purpose use.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose the Personal Information to a third party in principle, except for in cases otherwise provided in the laws and regulations and unless the consent of the person is obtained.
Proper Management of Personal Information
The Company shall perform organized, personnel, physical, and technological safety management measures in order to manage the acquired Personal Information properly, and strive to prevent or correct situations of leakage, loss or damage of Personal Information.
Respect of Rights
Concerning the personal data in the possession of the Company, when a person desires to disclose, correct, add to, delete or suspend of use or erase the personal data of the person, the Company shall handle the request promptly within a reasonable and necessary scope in accordance with “On Handling of Personal Information.”
Complaint and Consultation
The Company shall establish a counter to handle complaints and consultations on handling of Personal Information and investigate facts, etc. rapidly with respect to the contents thereof, and handle the matter in good faith within a reasonable period.
Compliance with the Laws and Regulations, and Guidelines and Other Norms Provided by the Government
The Company shall comply with the laws and regulations, guidelines and other norms provided by the government, and various guidelines with respect to the handling of Personal Information and protect Personal Information.
Continuous Improvement of Personal Information
The Company shall appoint a Personal Information Manager and carry out and maintain a personal information protection system on a continuous basis based on changes in the situation in society and environment, etc. In addition, the Company shall regularly review and improve the specifics of the system.
Handling of Personal Information
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use the deposited Personal Information for the following
In addition, in the case where the purpose of use of the information is clearly indicated to the person separately upon collection of Personal Information, the Personal Information shall be used solely for the purpose clearly stated upon the collection thereof, in principle.
Information on shareholders and investors
- Shareholder management under the laws and regulations
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the laws and regulations
- Handling of inquiries, etc.
Personal Information on business partners
- Replies to questions, consultations and inquiries to the Company
- Provision of information regarding desired services
- Business partners management
- Execution of agreements and performance of agreement specifics
- Requests for cooperation in marketing activities and surveys for improvement of services provided by the Company
*In some cases the MAYA Group companies use these jointly.
Information on persons who apply for recruitment by the
Screening and decisions regarding employment
The following information on persons who join the Company, family
thereof, and retired persons
- Personnel labor management
- Provision of welfare and benefit
- Education, training, counseling
- Safety confirmation and communications judged necessary upon occurrence of disaster or in emergencies
- Handling under the laws and regulation
*In some cases the MAYA Group companies use these jointly.
Return or Deletion of Personal Information
The Company will not return the deposited Personal Information. When the Company judges that it has become unnecessary to continue to keep the Personal Information at its responsibility, the Company shall delete the same after the elapse of a certain period.
Provision to Third Parties
The Company will not provide the deposited Personal Information to a
third party without the consent of the person; except for in the following cases:
(1) Where provision is under the laws and regulations;
(2) Where provision is especially necessary for the protection of human life; body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
(3) Where provision is especially necessary for improvement of the public health or sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
(4) Where it is necessary to cooperate in the execution of duties as provided in the laws and regulations by a national organ or local municipality, or parties commissioned thereby, and there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the person may obstruct the execution of the relevant duties.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the
following cases, the recipient of the relevant information shall not fall under third party:
(1) Where the Company outsources all or part of the handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
(2) Where the Personal Information is provided as a result of business succession, due to merger or other reasons
(3) In the case of joint use of Personal Information with a specific party, where the subject is notified in advance of that fact, pieces of Personal Information for joint use, the scope of persons who use the Personal Information jointly, the purpose of use of the persons who use the Personal Information, and name of the person responsible for the management of the relevant Personal Information, or that information is kept in a state where the subject can easily find it out.
Entrustment of Personal Information
The Company may outsource all or part of the services of handling Personal Information within the scope necessary for achievement of purpose of use. Upon outsourcing, the Company only outsources to a corporation or individual judged by the Company to have achieved a Personal Information protection system of the same level or better than the level of the Company’s and only within the scope of purpose of use. In addition, the Company will execute a Confidentiality Agreement with the relevant external outsourcee, including Personal Information, and evaluate the actual status of management of Personal Information once a year.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may allow the following Group companies to use jointly the
deposited Personal Information within the scope of 1. “Purpose of Use of Personal Information.”
- MAYA STAFFING, Inc.
- MAYA SYSTEM, Inc.
- MAYA NET SOLUTIONS, Inc.
- MAYA LIFE STYLE, Inc.
- MAYA ENGINEERING, Inc.
- MAYA SUSTAINERGY, Inc.
- MAYA MIRAI, Inc.
- MAYA VIETNAM, Inc.
Items of Personal Data for joint use
Address, name, date of birth, age, gender, telephone number, email address, various ID numbers of customers for negotiations or contracts with the Company or who make inquiries or complaints, or do consultations, etc., and the details of inquiries, contents of contracts with the Company or information relating to contract properties.
Purpose of joint use
For handling of inquiries, etc., storage of records, development of products, services or businesses, information management relating to contract property, creation of statistical data, marketing surveys and analyses, and for proper execution of business management and risk management as a Group such as understanding and management, etc. of various risks.
Manager of Personal Information jointly used
Personal Information Protection Administrator, MAYA HOLDINGS, Inc.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When a person requests disclosure of Personal Information the Company
shall disclose the Personal Information of the person to the person without delay; provided that when any
of the following cases is applicable by disclosure, the Company may not disclose all or part of the
information, and if the Company decides not to disclose, the Company shall notify the person to that
effect without delay. Note that upon disclosure of Personal Information, a 1,000 yen service charge shall
be charged per case.
(1) Where there is a possibility of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party;
(2) Where there is a possibility of causing significantly obstructing the proper implementation of business of the Company; or
(3) In any other cases where disclosure is against the laws and regulations.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than Personal Information such as information on track record or information on special characteristics will not be disclosed in principle.
Collection and deletion of Personal Information
If the Personal Information of a person in possession of the Company is wrong, the person may request correction, addition or deletion (“correction, etc.”) of Personal Information of the Company by the procedures specified by the Company.
When the Company judges it necessary to respond to such request when receiving a request as referred to in the preceding paragraph from the person, the Company shall perform correction, etc. of the relevant Personal Information without fail.
When the Company makes a correction, etc. or decides not to make a correction, etc. under the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall notify the person without delay.
Suspension of Use of Personal Information
When a person requests suspension of use or erasure (“suspension of use, etc.”) of the person’s Personal Information due to the reason that the information is handled beyond the scope of purpose of use, or that the information has been acquired by improper means, the Company shall perform the necessary investigation without delay.
When the Company judges it necessary to accept such request based on the
results of investigations under the preceding paragraph, the Company shall without delay perform
suspension of use, etc. of the relevant Personal Information.
When the Company performs suspension of use, etc. under the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or makes a decision not to perform suspension of use, etc., the Company shall notify the person thereof without delay.
Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in the case where a large amount of expense is required for suspension of use, etc., or in any other case where performance of suspension of use, etc. is difficult and other alternative measures necessary for protection of rights and interests of the person can be taken, the alternative measures shall be taken.
The contents of the Policy may be amended without notifying the persons except as otherwise provided in the laws and regulations or the Policy.
We accept inquires relating to the Policy at the following counter.
Personal Information Protection Administrator, MAYA HOLDINGS,
Shinjuku Nomura Building 28 F, 1-26-2, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-0528
Tel: 03-5989-0931 (service hours: 10:00AM—6:00PM*)
*Inquiries received on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year’s holidays and the GW period shall be handled on or after the following business day.